Museum Collections Manager - Project Inventory Lead
|Location:||Delaware, United States|
~~History Associates has a need for a Museum Collections Manager who will act as a Project Inventory Lead to assist in planning, implementing, and managing an inventory of historical and archaeological collections at three collections storage facilities located in Dover, Delaware. The anticipated start of this project is January 2017 and is expected to last for up to 20 months. This position is full-time; 40 hours per week and includes a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including paid holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; and a 401(k) plan.
Work will include coordination, supervision, and implementation of collection inventory activities, which include verifying specific catalog fields, barcoding boxes, and photographing across a variety of collection areas (furnishings, textiles, artwork, phonographic records, documents, and archaeological artifacts) into PastPerfect collections management system. The Project Inventory Lead is responsible for direct communication with the on-site client team, reporting to the History Associates management team, and guiding the on-site History Associates project team.
The position will involve both working independently and with other project and client staff in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate and meet strict deadlines while achieving accurate data processing and accountability for the collections.
Bachelor’s degree in History, Archaeology, Library Sciences, or other applicable field
(Preference given to Master’s degree in Museum Studies or related focus)
• Ability to pass a background check
• Willingness to sign and adhere to a confidentiality agreement
• 3-5 years’ experience in collections management and/or museum registration including object handling, conducting inventories, and updating locations of multiple artifacts
• Demonstrated project management and supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with PastPerfect database or similar collections management systems and MS Office Suite
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional curatorial and museum standards and practices
• Demonstrated experience using a digital camera and digital processing software
• Ability to work independently or as part of a small, high performance team
• Demonstrated ability to independently set and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability create concise reports and to effectively participate in and/or lead team meetings.
• Ability to lift 40lbs and climb ladders.
• Experience inventorying archeological artifacts
• Delaware residency
~~Museum Collections Manager – Project Inventory Lead
~~Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, names and contact information including e-mail address of three references to:
History Associates is an equal opportunity employer
|Primary Category:||Library and Information Science
Art and Art History