Indexer Index Buddhicus
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
Founded in 1683 in Leiden, the Netherlands, Brill is a leading international academic publisher. With offices in Leiden, Boston and Singapore, Brill today publishes 265 journals and close to 1000 new books and reference works each year, available in both print and electronic form. Brill also markets a large number of primary source research collections and databases.
From 2017, Brill will publish the Index Buddhicus, an international classified bibliography of publications on all aspects of Buddhism.
We are currently looking for
Indexers for the Index Buddhicus
M/F – Freelance basis
You are supposed to use your own facilities and equipment. You will report to the Editor-in-Chief and the Publishing Director at Brill. You are expected to work independently from your own location.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Creating records for Index Buddhicus from relevant publications
- Using the advanced web-based software to enter records into the database
- Assigning keywords and classifications to the records
- Searching out with a keen eye relevant publications related to Buddhist Studies
- Strong interest and training in Buddhist Studies
- MA degree
- Result-driven and strong organizational skills
- Relevant and progressively responsible experience in indexing or related activities such as library work
- Excellent command of the English language, proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, German, French, or Italian.
This position is on a freelance basis with an hourly rate being paid monthly. All editorial staff are self-employed. The contract is for one year at the start and may be renewed for longer periods thereafter.
Written applications should be sent to Koninklijke Brill NV, attn. Mr. Joed Elich, Elich@brill.com preferably before November 30, 2016. Further information about this position can also be obtained from Mr. Joed Elich, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company and publishing programs please visit www.brill.com
Joed Elich, email@example.com