World History Content Fellow
|Location:||California, United States|
***Apply to the World History Content Fellow at the Khan Academy job site here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/khanacademy/jobs/67141#.V-7yKJMrKjg ***
Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying mitosis, monopolies, or Marbury v. Madison, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
In particular, we’re seeking a fellow to help build out our video library in world history and create practice exercises in world history, US history, and US government at the advanced high school and intro-college level. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Define the curriculum for Khan Academy’s world history content
- Create practice exercises to help students internalize key concepts in world history, US history, and US government
- Work with others to create videos covering core concepts in world history
- Ensure content is high quality by working with students and teachers, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Participate in and create content for timely events, such as livestream study sessions for finals and special content for back-to-school and relevant holidays
- Adapt existing, openly licensed text content to Khan Academy’s platform
- Extremely strong command of the content covered in an advanced high school (AP) and intro-college level world history course
- Experience teaching history at the high school or college level, formally or informally
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- Familiarity with common curricula and teaching methods
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- This is a one-year fellowship position.
- We have a strong preference for this position to be a full time position from our office in Mountain View, CA; in exceptional cases, we are also open to remote and part time arrangements.
- For applicants who plan to work full time from our Mountain View office, you’ll need US, Canadian, Australian, or Mexican citizenship, US Residency, or other authorization to work in the US
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive compensation salaries
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant – we treat new hires more like co-founders
If you work full-time from our office in Mountain View:
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply:
Go to the Khan Academy World History job description here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/khanacademy/jobs/67141#.V-7yKJMrKjg to submit your application.
On that page, you will:
- Attach your resume
- Address the following prompt in the space provided: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
To apply, go to the Khan Academy World History job description here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/khanacademy/jobs/67141#.V-7yKJMrKjg to submit your application.
|Primary Category:||World History / Studies