Assistant Professor – Colonial Latin American History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Missouri, United States|
Assistant Professor – Colonial Latin American History (Regular Tenure Track)
Department of History
College of Liberal Arts
Primary Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Department of History; conduct research in area(s) of expertise; participate in University and professional departmental service.+
- Ph.D. or A.B.D. (with doctorate by August 2017) in Latin American History (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver highly effective teaching including use of educational technology
- Demonstrated scholarly promise in relevant fields
- Additional areas of teaching expertise to complement departmental strengths
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: This position is available August 1, 2017, and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 28, 2016.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online by clicking http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1:
- Letter of interest addressing all position required qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of History can be found at http://www.semo.edu/history.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city in the heart of Southeast Missouri, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
|Primary Category:||Latin American and Caribbean History / Studies