University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, American Culture
Professor of Asian/Pacific Islander American Studies, open rank
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Michigan, United States|
|Position:||Tenure Track Faculty|
ASIAN/PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN STUDIES. The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Department of American Culture and its Program in Asian/Pacific Islander American (A/PIA) Studies seek qualified applicants for an open rank tenured or tenure-track faculty appointment in Asian American and/or Pacific Islander American studies with specialization in history, society, and/or culture.
We seek a theoretically sophisticated, rigorous, and interdisciplinary scholar with a strong commitment to contribute to the governance and development of the A/PIA Studies program. Evidence of excellence in teaching and research will be the principal selection criteria.
A Ph.D. degree in any relevant field in the humanities or social sciences is required prior to appointment. We especially encourage applications from junior scholars. This is a university-year appointment with an expected start date of September 1, 2017.
Candidates should submit a digital application dossier via email attachments to email@example.com. Please include the following components (each submitted as a separate PDF file):
- Cover letter addressed to the Chair, A/PIA Search Committee
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of scholarship (i.e., writing sample) (maximum 25 pages)
- Statement of teaching philosophy and experience
- Evidence of teaching excellence (i.e., student evaluations of teaching, course syllabi, teaching awards)
- Statement of current and future research plans
- Letters or Reviewers as follows:
- Junior candidates should arrange for at least (3) three letters of recommendation to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the signer’s (or credentialing service’s) institutional email address.
- Senior candidates should provide names and contact information of suggested reviewers.
Deadline to apply for full consideration for the position is October 3, 2016 by midnight Eastern Standard Time.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. The University of Michigan is supportive of the needs of dual career couples and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
A/PIA Search Committee: email@example.com
|Primary Category:||Asian American History / Studies