Stockton University, School of Arts and Humanities
Visiting Assistant Professor in Atlantic History, Full-time
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New Jersey, United States|
|Position:||Visiting Assistant Professor|
Stockton University seeks applications for a full-time Visiting Assistant Professor in Atlantic History for the academic year 2016-2017. The successful candidate will have PhD in hand at time of appointment. She/he will demonstrate a broad, interdisciplinary perspective on inter-regional concepts and ideas with emphasis on North American-European-Caribbean-African interactions.
The successful candidate will teach courses in Atlantic and early American History, as well as contribute to the University’s General Studies program. Teaching load is three four hour courses per semester. Demonstrated evidence of teaching experience and excellence preferred.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://careers-stockton.icims.com/jobs. Only electronic documents will be accepted.
Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents.
All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) a letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2.) a curriculum vitae
3.) statement of teaching philosophy
4.) three letters of recommendation
● All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
● Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
● In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to
obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
● Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police
department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
● Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action.
|Primary Category:||History Education