Shambhala and Snow Lion Publications, Editorial
Editor, Buddhist Books
|Location:||Colorado, United States|
Shambhala Publications and its Snow Lion imprint seeks an energetic, experienced editor with strong knowledge, interest, and hands-on experience in the areas of Buddhism, in particular the Tibetan traditions. We have so many great projects coming and are delighted to be expanding our team. Some level of familiarity with Tibetan language important. Some sanskrit a plus but not required.
This position will be primarily focused on Indo-Tibetan Buddhism books, but projects may include other types. Projects include translations, scholarly works, and broad audience trade books.
- Editing of original manuscripts and translations (including all editorial aspects of book development – editing; writing jacket and catalog/website copy and fact sheets for sales reps and other marketing copy as required; coordination and collaboration with production, design, marketing and publicity, etc.).
- Excellent communication, project management, and networking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Act as primary point of contact for authors throughout the book process.
- Familiarity with the book publishing processes and functions (editorial, production, design, copyediting, marketing, sales).
- Excellent intra- and inter-departmental communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with InDesign, InCopy, and Microsoft Word style sheets preferred.
- Excellent editorial, rewriting, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, flexible, and able to prioritize varied workload.
- Current contacts including authors, illustrators, agents, etc. in the book publishing industry.
- High level of skill in organization, analytics, and verbal and written communication.
- Minimum of three years experience in publishing
Position is in our Boulder, CO office.
|Primary Category:||Religious Studies and Theology
|Secondary Categories:||East Asian History / Studies