Harvard University, Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies
2016-2017 An Wang Postdoctoral Fellowship in Chinese Environmental Humanities
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
Harvard University's Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies is pleased to announce the 2016-17 competition for the An Wang postdoctoral fellowship in Chinese environmental humanities. The fellow will pursue his or her research and contribute to the Environmental Humanities Initiative at the Fairbank Center. The fellowship period is from August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017. The application deadline is February 29, 2016.
Applications are welcome from candidates with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline of the humanities or social sciences. All requirements for the degree must be completed by June 30, 2016.
A strong working knowledge of Chinese (preferably including literary Chinese) and English is required.
In addition to maintaining his/her own research agenda, the fellow will contribute to the Environmental Humanities Initiative at the Fairbank Center and assist in ways that could include the following:
- Defining appropriate research questions and terminology, where relevant;
- Organizing conferences and workshops on topics such as China’s place in global ecosystems;
- Developing an interdisciplinary online course on China and the environment that provides a historical foundation for the current environmental crises and includes perspectives of humanists, scientists, and policy specialists;
- Leading training workshops in environmental humanities for interested graduate students.
Priority will be given to applicants with no previous postdoctoral fellowships. Candidates may not be more than five years beyond receipt of the Ph.D. at the start of the fellowship. Harvard University doctoral degree recipients are NOT eligible for this fellowship.
Total stipend: $50,000.
Health insurance benefits for the An Wang fellowship recipient will be provided.
How to apply: Please submit the following materials to our online application system, ARIES. http://fairbank.fas.harvard.edu/wang-chinese-environmental-humanities-postdoctoral-fellowship
- Curriculum vitae
- A five-page, double-spaced plan of research
- A writing sample
- Two letters of recommendation
All materials must be in English.
|Primary Category:||Chinese History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Asian History / Studies