The Citadel, History
Mark W. Clark Distinguished Visiting Chair of History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||South Carolina, United States|
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina in Charleston, seeks an accomplished scholar for an appointment as the General Mark W. Clark Distinguished Visiting Chair of History. One-semester and full-year appointments are possible during the next three academic years, starting in the fall semester of 2016 and ending in the spring semester of 2019. Priority will be given to full-year appointments.
Chair holders will be expected to bring distinguished records of teaching and scholarship to the college. Field of expertise is open. Duties of chair holder will include and are not limited to:
- Teaching 1 course per semester in The Citadel's upper division undergraduate program or its joint M.A. program with the College of Charleston.
- Representing the History department and The Citadel in the community.
- Presenting public lectures.
- Hosting a historical symposium.
- Conducting seminars with departmental faculty & securing guest speakers.
- Meeting with small groups of cadets and graduate students.
Salary is competitive. Additional funds are available for support of chair related activities. Furnished housing is available for the successful applicant.
All applicants must submit their application via jobs.sc.gov. Please click the website link to be taken directly to the job posting to apply.
Jessica Harrell- (843)953-5379