Head, ASEAN Studies Centre
Applications are invited for the following position:
Head, ASEAN Studies Centre
The Institute is looking for a highly qualified and experienced individual to head the ASEAN Studies Centre (ASC) at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore.
The ASC supports the ISEAS mandate to acquire, develop and disseminate knowledge about Southeast Asia – the region as a whole, the countries in it, and its relations with others in the international community. The Centre focuses its attention on ASEAN as an institution and a process. It undertakes policy research and recommends measures to help ASEAN improve its capabilities, strengthen its institutions and enhance regional cooperation for the peace, stability, security, well-being, and prosperity of the region. The Centre also raises public awareness and understanding of ASEAN through seminars, and publications and stimulate interest as well as promotes collaboration in ASEAN studies with other institutions.
• To direct the Centre to conduct studies and make policy recommendations on issues and events that call for collective ASEAN actions and responses.
• To lead its researchers and research projects on political/security, economic and socio-cultural issues in Southeast Asia, East Asia and the world
• To work with other institutes, think-tanks, foundations, international and regional organizations, government agencies and non-governmental as well as individual scholars and the ASEAN Secretariat.
• To oversee and manage the Centre.
• Ph. D degree in political science, economics or related fields, or relevant work experience.
• Good knowledge of ASEAN – its nature, history and processes.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in leadership roles of institutionalized research or academic programmes.
• Good leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills, and strong interest in institutional networking.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the candidate’s seniority and experience.
For more about ASC please visit: http://asc.iseas.edu.sg
Please include the following documents in your application: a cover letter; curriculum vitae; and three references, and send to Deputy Head, Administration, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119614 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the closing date of 15 July 2015. If you have any queries, please contact Ms Germaine Foong at (65) 68702409.
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Mr Ang Swee Loh, Deputy Head, Admin, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (Tel: (65) 67780955; Email: email@example.com)
|Primary Category:||Social Sciences