Head, Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre
Applications are invited for the following position:
HEAD, NALANDA-SRIWIJAYA CENTRE
The Institute is looking for a highly qualified and experienced individual to helm the Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre (NSC) at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore.
NSC pursues research on historical interactions among Asian societies and civilizations in the pre-modern and early-modern era, centered on Southeast Asia and Maritime Asia. It serves as a forum for comprehensive study of the ways in which Asian polities and societies have interacted over time through religious, cultural, economic, political and social exchanges and networks. The Centre also offers innovative strategies for examining the manifestations of hybridity, convergence and mutual learning in a globalizing Asia through textual and material cultural studies.
• To spearhead the Centre to produce, facilitate and disseminate scholarly works about Southeast Asia and Maritime Asia's past.
• To provide leadership for its researchers and research projects under its historical research and archaeology units
• To develop a deep historical focus on Southeast Asia that complements ISEAS’ contemporary research of the region.
• To oversee and manage the budget of the Centre.
• Ph. D degree in Southeast Asian Studies, Religious Studies, History, Sociology, Anthropology or related fields.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in leadership roles of institutionalized research or academic programmes.
• Good leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills, and strong interest in institutional networking.
• Good command of English and scholarly command of at least one classical Asian or Southeast Asian language.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the candidate’s seniority and experience.
For more about NSC please visit: http://www.iseas.edu.sg/nsc.cfm
Please include the following documents in your application: a cover letter; curriculum vitae; and three references, and send to Deputy Head, Administration, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 30 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119614 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the closing date of 10 July 2015. If you have any queries, please contact Mr Ang Swee Loh at 68702403.
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Mr Ang Swee Loh, Deputy Head, Admin, ISEAS (email@example.com)
|Primary Category:||Southeast Asian History / Studies