Arizona State University, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
Postdoctoral Fellow, digital humanities
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arizona, United States|
Postdoctoral Fellow in Digital Humanities—(Job 11204) The School of Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies (SHPRS) at Arizona State University (ASU) invites applications for a full-time, benefits eligible, digital humanities Postdoctoral Fellow. Under guidance of the principal investigators for the SocialScribe project on annotation, history, and time-based media, the successful candidate will take on the following leadership roles in the project: manage server side programming for the project, write code that will conduct program components into a Drupal web app for stand-off annotation, and further the mission of public history and digital humanities research at ASU. The successful candidate will also collaborate with public history & Nexus Lab to transform the existing SocialScribe prototype into a sustainable, scalable web application; collaborate on the SocialScribe research project, including the refinement of analytical and curatorial tools, technology, etc. to contribute to research team achieving goals; collaborate on prototype demonstration projects for use by others; provide documentation.
This is a fixed-term, fiscal year (12 month) appointment with no tenure implications. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources and the needs of the project. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2015.
Minimum and desired qualifications can be demonstrated through formal or informal educational settings.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a humanities or social science field, education, digital humanities, or information science at time of appointment
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary humanities and/or social science environment
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Practical and theoretical experience implementing and researching qualitative research methods, including (but not limited to) oral history, linguistic interviews, sociological field surveys, or comparable studies.
- Demonstrated experience developing/administering programs, events, and collaborative research projects
- Experience with new media and technology applications for research and development in digital technologies
- Experience working on grant-funded projects
To apply, submit the following application materials: 1) a cover letter, 2) CV/resume and 3) contact information for three references (name, email, phone number). The application should be submitted electronically as a single PDF to email@example.com with “Digital Humanities Postdoc” in the subject line. Application review will begin on June 19, 2015, if not filled, reviews will occur every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background check in required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
Mark Tebeau, chair, search committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Primary Category:||Digital Humanities