Savannah College of Art and Design, Liberal Arts
Chair of Liberal Arts
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Georgia, United States|
The liberal arts department is home to SCAD Core, one of the most academically diverse general education programs at any arts university in the United States. Students learn to express, defend and investigate new ideas in required and elective classes in subjects including anatomy, astronomy, biology, communication, creative writing, English, foreign languages, mathematics, philosophy, physics, political science and psychology.
Join SCAD Savannah as the chair of liberal arts.
- Day-to-day administration of the liberal arts department
- Direct, coordinate and evaluate the academic department
- Develop curriculum
- Foster inter-departmental collaboration and continue to enhance the reputation of the SCAD liberal arts department in academic and professional circles
- Oversee departmental budget, including its development and implementation
- Work with the admission department to recruit talented undergraduate and graduate students to SCAD and to the department
- Teach classes annually, as assigned
- Evaluate professors within the department through class observations, a review of student evaluations, a review of service and professional development and a review of contributions to the department’s goals
- Work with the dean to provide professional development opportunities for professors
- In consultation with the dean and department members, develop a strategic plan for the department that is consistent with the School of Liberal Arts’ goals and overall SCAD strategic plan
- Ph.D., or its equivalent, in a field related to liberal arts
- College-level teaching experience
- Strong portfolio of related professional work
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to motivate students and faculty to think creatively and critically
- Ability to work with students and faculty of diverse backgrounds
- College-level administration experience is preferred
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution conferring bachelor’s and master’s degrees at distinctive locations and online to prepare talented students for professional careers. SCAD offers degrees in more than 40 majors, as well as minors in more than 60 disciplines, in Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia; in Hong Kong; in Lacoste, France; and online through SCAD eLearning.
SCAD has more than 29,000 alumni and offers an exceptional education and unparalleled career preparation. The diverse student body, consisting of nearly 12,000 students, comes from 49 U.S. states and more than 100 countries worldwide. Each student is nurtured and motivated by a faculty of more than 650 professors with extraordinary academic credentials and valuable professional experience. These professors emphasize learning through individual attention in an inspiring university environment. SCAD’s innovative curriculum is enhanced by advanced, professional-level technology, equipment and learning resources, and has garnered acclaim from respected organizations and publications, including 3D World, American Institute of Architects, Businessweek, DesignIntelligence, U.S. News & World Report and the Los Angeles Times.
For more information, visit scad.edu.
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions.
Note: Only complete packages will be considered. An unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, cover letter, and resume or CV are required. If you have difficulties in uploading your documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.