University of Innsbruck, Faculty of Humanities 1 (Philosophy and History)
University Professor of Austrian History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of
at the Institute of Historical Sciences and European Ethnology of the Philosophical-Historical Faculty. The position will be based on a permanent civil-law employment contract with the University.
- Representing the subject of “Austrian History” both in research and teaching. Theoretical and methodological reflection is essential.
- The applicant´s research should cover as broadly as possible especially the history of the Habsburg Monarchy in the “long 19th century” (from the mid-18th century to 1918) and that of the First Austrian Republic thereby contextualizing both in a general European/global perspective and considering regions that are (also) inhabited by a non-German-speaking population.
- Cooperating in the interdisciplinary research area at the university entitled “Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts”.
- Teaching responsibilities will include lectures, seminars, and workshops at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Cooperating in academic self-government.
Eligibility requirements include
a pertinent degree in higher education in Austria or the equivalent abroad, a pertinent habilitation or equivalent qualification, publications in leading journals and publishing companies, involvement in international research, experience abroad, highly developed didactic skills, experience in raising external research funding, leadership qualities.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female employees, especially in leading positions and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women will be given preference.
Applications must reach us at the latest by May 22, 2015 and should include the usual documentation (esp. curriculum vitae, publications list, description of current and intended research, samples of the 5 most important works). All documents have to be submitted in digital form (CD-ROM, e-mail, etc.). Hardcopy (paper) is optional. Please send the documents to: Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, Fakultäten Servicestelle, Standort Innrain 52f, A-6020 Innsbruck (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A 1. For the position the monthly salary is 4.782,40 Euro (14 x). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary can be a topic in the negotiations with the rector. Beyond that the university offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
The full, authoritative text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of April 1, 2015) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process may be found at: http://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten-servicestelle/standorte/innrain52f/berufungen_habilitationen/berufungen_index_2010.html
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Tilmann Märk
|Primary Category:||Eastern Europe History / Studies