Acquisitions Editor, Jewish and Religious Studies
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
Academic Studies Press is seeking candidates for the position of Acquisitions Editor.
The Acquisitions Editor is responsible for acquiring scholarly and academic titles on Jewish Studies and Religious Studies.
Candidates should have experience in acquiring books in at least one of these areas. Preference will be given to a candidate with a record of distinguished acquisitions, contacts with a wide array of potential authors and a command of the literature and the newest developments in these fields. An experience in securing funding for books requiring subsidies is desirable. The successful candidate for this position will work with the director of the press to design a focused publishing program, taking into consideration the best opportunities in these fields, as well as the candidate’s interests, professional training and publishing experience.
The Acquisitions Editor will carry out the following responsibilities:
- solicit and evaluate book proposals and manuscripts in the above stated areas;
- solicit and evaluate reports from peer reviewers;
- present books to the director of press, negotiate contracts;
- prepare accurate title budgets for books acquired;
- identify and secure funding for books requiring subsidies;
- maintain accurate and timely transmittal to production of manuscripts acquired;
- participate in promotion campaigns.
Salary is dependent upon the experience, the ability, and the responsibilities of the candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
|Primary Category:||Jewish History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Religious Studies and Theology