INSTRUCTOR MANAGER (FULL-TIME) - Atlanta, GA IMMEDIATE OPENING
|Location:||Georgia, United States|
Our firm is seeking a proactive communicator to independently manage instructional services for government clients of CATMEDIA. To be successful in this professional position, you need to interact effectively with well-educated people. Diplomacy, persuasiveness, and assertiveness will be critical skills needed. This highly transactional position requires a detailed, flexible responsiveness to ensure deadlines are met with maximized outcomes. Under set guidelines/objectives/processes, you will experience the freedom to organize your work and the independence to effectively meet team and client goals. The most successful individual will naturally exhibit a strong attention to detail and be highly self-organized. This position is framed within a fast-paced, multitasking environment. Possession of an advanced degree and relevant work experience will be an asset to this program!
CATMEDIA is a fast growing Inc. 500, innovative company that specializes in program management, training/e-Learning, communications consulting, media production and staff augmentation. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, we take an innovative approach to everything we do. We are creative strategists, information and process designers. We combine targeted and creative ideas with appropriate technologies and professionals to take projects, programs and organizations to the next level. At CATMEDIA, our team uses their creative business and technical skills to turn visions into motion.
The Instructional Manager will take ownership of the following tasks:
• Administration of educational support services for CATMEDIA’s clients. Highly transactional position involving email, phone, fax, and other communication tools to achieve client satisfaction and adjunct instructor satisfaction
• Manage team of up to 100 qualified, vetted executive level instructors
• Solicit and evaluate vetted instructor proposals against client provided course statement of objectives
• Review and select top three proposals for each course delivery
• Negotiate with instructors to ensure pricing is based on past performance, current market value, and can meet internal margins.
• Actively recruit new instructors to grow roll of qualified adjunct faculty to deliver executive level leadership courses
• Work directly and diplomatically with internal team and external client to ensure objectives are met timely and efficiently
• Quarterly, monthly and weekly reporting of scheduling status
• Work collaboratively with contract team on continuous improvement efforts to ensure instructional content remains satisfactory.
• Full-time, M-F from 8 am to 5 pm
• Approved schedule will include working from Atlanta headquarters, or onsite at several locations (Washington, D.C., Denver, Colorado, or Charlottesville, Virginia.
• Reports to the Program Director
• Formal training of 80 hours must be completed; ongoing training will be provided throughout the calendar year.
• Occasional travel (up to 25%) required.
• Salary plus generous benefits package, which includes observance of the official Federal holiday schedule, plus accrued personal time off.
• Minimum of Masters Degree; Ph. D preferred within Leadership or Education
• 3-5 years experience in managing an instructional team
• Demonstrated work experience managing content delivery, training, or adult education
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, analyze situations effectively and administer solutions
• Successful project management experience with exceptional time/organizational skills and being detailed oriented.
• A proven history of academic achievement/delivery -- at the college or university level
• Ability to coach and mentor adjunct instructor personnel
• Results driven
• Works well with a Team (internal personnel as well as external personnel)
• Able to prioritize tasks to ensure mission accomplishment
• Ability to work well with federal and private industry stakeholders
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to work with diverse groups.
• Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
TWO-STEP APPLICATION REQUIREMENT
1. Reply to this posting with your cover letter, the best way/time to reach you, full resume and references.
2. Register and complete an online Culture Index Survey at this url:
This survey gives us a snapshot of your natural workplace strengths and is a routine hiring step for ALL applicants. We are automatically notified when your survey is submitted. Your application will not be considered until this online survey is completed.
Not all submissions will be acknowledged. NO phone calls will be accepted.
This full-time position is located inside the NE Atlanta perimeter. Salary is commensurate with experience within a competitive range. Includes great benefits package, Federal holidays and accrued paid leave. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility.
No Phone Calls Please
|Secondary Categories:||Educational Technology