IXL Learning, Content Development
Spanish Language Curriculum Designer
|Location:||California, United States|
IXL’s upcoming component for learning Spanish as a foreign language will instill a love for languages in students of all ages! Students will practice their Spanish reading, writing, and listening skills like never before.
IXL is seeking motivated curriculum designers to join our foreign language content design team. As a curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive Spanish language questions and be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and perfectionist mindset will drive the success of our Spanish product.
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo, CA office.
- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our Spanish curriculum.
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive Spanish questions targeted to specific learning objectives.
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, product designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies.
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high quality Spanish content.
- Review materials and product prototypes and make design recommendations.
- Articulate learning objectives, design curricular questions to meet objectives, and create a fun learning experience for IXL users.
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards.
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends.
- Master’s or PhD in Spanish, Linguistics, or a closely related field.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
- Spanish language teaching experience is required.
- Experience learning Spanish as a foreign language in a traditional classroom setting is preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills; must be articulate with a strong writing ability.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Broad range of personal and professional interests.
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus.
- Knowledge of French or additional foreign languages is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical abilities. Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a plus.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company that delivers an immersive learning experience — for all students, in all grades, in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. With one in 10 students already using IXL in the U.S., and over 20 billion questions asked and answered around the world, IXL is helping schools successfully use technology to improve teaching and learning.
To apply, please submit an application here.
Application inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Primary Category:||Educational Technology
Spanish and Portuguese History / Studies