University of Cape Town, Historical Studies
Lecturer: Economic History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Department of Historical Studies invites applications for an appointment at Lecturer level in Economic History with the start date 1 July 2015 or soon thereafter. The successful candidate will teach courses, supervise research and participate in the running of the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Economic History directed principally but not exclusively at Humanities students.
- A PhD or near completion in an area of Economic History broadly defined
- Willingness to work in a team
- Interest in the Economic History of the Global South
- Contribute to the development of the Economic History curriculum
- Teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Supervise Economic History research
- Undertake research in Economic History
- Carry out administrative responsibilities at departmental level
- Promote Economic History across the university
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A proven track record in research and publication
- Proven undergraduate teaching experience
- Interest and expertise in African and South African Economic History
The annual remuneration package for 2015, including benefits, is R528 275.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms. Lily Nombombo at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.