|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Kansas, United States|
The Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine is recruiting to its faculty a junior to mid-level physician-scientist with a scholarly commitment to medical ethics and the history, philosophy, and/or sociology of medicine. The ideal candidate will have a record of successful scholarship in medical ethics drawing on disciplinary training in the history of medicine or related social sciences and demonstrate a commitment to build a nationally-recognized body of scholarly work. This recruitment is a collaborative effort with KU Hospital, as part of the ongoing initiative to advance ethics research, consultation services, education and training at KU Medical Center. Interested parties should submit a CV and letter of interest.
- Assume shared responsibility for the KU Hospital Ethics Committee and Ethics Consult Service.
- Assume the directorship of graduate medical education in ethics for residency programs at KU Medical Center.
- Contribute to the education of medical students in ethics through courses and programs offered in the Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine.
- Pursue grant funding for research in the history of biomedical ethics, medicine, public health and related fields.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- All candidates should have the MD degree and training relevant to ethics at the Master's Degree level or above, with demonstrated ability to pursue a line of research and publication appropriate to the tenure track faculty of the Medical Center
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in the history of medicine and science or a related field in the social sciences. Expertise in clinical ethics and experience with teaching and research in an academic medical center are strongly favored.
Please apply at https://pa124.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=184353