Political Science Instructor - Fall 2015
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||Nevada, United States|
Political Science Instructor – Fall 2015
This position will be open until filled. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 01/19/2015.
• Primary teaching duties will be sections of Introduction to American Politics. Depending on departmental need, the successful candidate may also be asked to teach introductory courses in Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory, or other courses listed in course catalog.
• Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester and hold five office hours per week.
• Usual committee and service responsibilities (program/curriculum development, college/department committees, etc.).
• Teaching assignments may be multi-campus with the possibility of day, evening, weekend, or online classes in accord with department needs.
• Note: This position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin on 01/20/2015. For full consideration, all application material should be received no later than 01/19/2015.
• Masters degree in Political Science from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Experience teaching college-level Political Science courses as the instructor of record.
• Ph.D. in Political Science from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Experience, background, or interest in web-based and computer-aided instruction.
• Ability to work effectively with a culturally and educationally diverse student population.
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ONLINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ONLINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 702.651.5778.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for initial salary placement purposes.
For more details on this position, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/524753
The College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement.
CSN is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, religion, age, disability, military or veteran’s status, in admissions, educational programs or activities, and employment as required by applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title VI, Title VII, of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, has been delegated to Debbie Tanner, Compliance Investigator II, CSN Charleston Campus – 6375 West Charleston Blvd., Office E-128, Las Vegas, NV 89146, (702) 651-5783, email@example.com.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
|Primary Category:||Political History / Studies