MANAGING EDITOR (freelance contract), Contemporary European History
The editors of Contemporary European History are looking for a freelance managing editor to provide assistance to support the editorial process. This individual will work with a dynamic editorial team, playing a central role in the publication of one of the world’s leading history journals.
The key duties of the managing editor will be:
- Administrative processing of articles and reviews; distributing new submissions to the editors; managing ongoing correspondence between the editors, special issue editors, authors and reviewers; and tracking submissions, resubmissions, proofs and corrections.
- Representing the first point of contact at the CEH office; responding to enquiries; logging submissions and maintaining the accuracy of database information.
- Liaising with Cambridge University Press concerning all production matters.
- Carrying out linguistic editing, copy-editing and proof collation/checking of all articles for publication.
- Helping organise, attend and keep minutes at the annual board meeting.
It is anticipated that such duties will require the equivalent of fourteen hours per week, although there will be some predictable ebb and flow in the distribution of these hours according to the publication cycle. The successful candidate will be expected to work remotely on a freelance basis.
Payment will be made at an hourly rate up to a maximum number of hours per issue. Over 12 months, four issues will be published and payment is expected to be c.£8,500.
Please submit your C.V. and a covering letter to Dr Jessica Reinisch, Editor, Contemporary European History, email@example.com.
|Primary Category:||Contemporary History
|Secondary Categories:||European History / Studies