University of Graz, Centre for Southeast European Studies
Post-Doc and PhD positions for the study of Modern Turkey
|Institution Type:||College / University|
In order to strengthen its research capacity on the politics and society of modern Turkey, the University of Graz and the Centre for Southeast European Studies are inviting applications for a Post-Doc and a paid PhD position.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 30 July.
(equivalent to Post-Doc)
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 5 years; position to be filled as of September 1st 2014)
- Independent research
- Contribution to collaborative, third-party research (application, project management and realisation)
- Teaching and teaching support
- Student supervision
- PhD in the humanities or social sciences
- Master education in history, cultural studies, anthropology, comparative politics or international relations
- Excellent area studies knowledge of Turkey
- Experience in comparative scholarly research (willingness to work with qualitative methods is required, a background in quantitative methodologies is welcome)
- Excellent command of Turkish and English, preferably also knowledge of an additional southeast European language
- A good record in academic publishing
- Expert skills of MS-Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), experience with visualisation methods used in the qualitative social sciences (gephi, word clouds)
- Good teaching record
- Please provide a two-page proposal for a potential research project
- Innovative thinking and commitment to independent academic work
- Openness towards new research questions and methods
- Excellent communications- and management skills
- Oustanding social skills and teamwork abilities
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3483.30 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect a challenging work environment, flexible work hours and possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment with team spirit and excellence.
Application Deadline: July 30th 2014 Reference Number: MB/116/99 ex 2013/14
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV with photo, certificates and proposal to:
8010 Graz - Austria
Please check the facebook page with additional information at http://goo.gl/8mLHJb
Dr Kerem Öktem, email@example.com.
|Primary Category:||Social History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
Immigration History / Studies
Islamic History / Studies
Middle East History / Studies
Nationalism History / Studies
Political History / Studies
Urban History / Studies
Women, Gender, and Sexuality
World History / Studies