The J. Paul Getty Trust, Foundation
|Location:||California, United States|
Program Officer has primary responsibility for the development and administration of grants within one or more broad areas of expertise, including initiatives that advance art history and museum practice domestically and internationally.
- Identifies needs in the field in consultation with experts
- Develops guidelines for grant initiatives
- Works directly with potential grantees to develop proposals
- Oversees review and award processes, and monitors the progress of awarded grants.
- Advises applicants and maintains extensive contact with Getty senior staff and organizations active in related areas.
- Evaluates grant effectiveness and participates in policy development and the development of new grant categories.
- Represents the Foundation locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Ph.D. in art history or closely related field.
- 7-10 years experience in museum, university, or arts non-profit.
- Recognized for expertise in the field and ability to apply extensive knowledge and content expertise.
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred.
- Grantmaking experience preferred but not required.
- Position requires excellent analytical, organizational, and managements skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide range of applicants, grantees, outside advisors, and other experts.
To apply, please go to our website.