Kobe Collge, English Department
Associate Professor/ Instructor, British Drama
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Tenure Track Faculty|
June 16, 2014
Dean of Faculty of Letters, Kobe College
Call for Applications for Full-time Position
1. Position: One position for Associate Professor, or Instructor (Tenure-track: the successful applicant who does not have Japanese nationality will be hired on a two-year contract. Based on screening of work during the contract term, there will be a possibility of tenured employment afterwards.)
2. Field: British Drama
3. Teaching Responsibility: The successful applicant will teach general English reading and writing classes, “British Literature and History,” and “Shakespeare and His Age” for undergraduate students, and “English Drama” or “Special Lecture in English Literature” for graduate students.
4. Date of Appointment: April 1, 2015
① Doctoral degree or equivalent level of education/experience in English literature
② Experience of teaching English literature to college-level students
③ The ability of teaching in English is required.
The ability to handle administrative matters in Japanese is preferred.
④ Christian or a person with understanding of the Christian educational principles on which Kobe College is founded
6. Deadline for Application: Must be received by September 19 (Fri.) , 2014.
7. Application Materials (either in Japanese or in English):
1 Complete resume with photograph and contact information
2 A list of research presentations, publications, and educational and social activities
*As for 1 and 2, please download application forms from the following website:
3 Description of teaching and research interests at Kobe College (two pages)
4 3 representative publications (originals, offprints or copies). Each of the three publications should be accompanied by an abstract in English.
5 Curriculum vitae with all certificates from college(s), graduate school(s) and work place(s) that an applicant had been affiliated with, and 2 references (names, affiliations, phone-numbers, e-mail addresses)
(Additional documents on 4 and 5 may be required during the screening process.)
6 A syllabus of “Shakespeare and His Age,” a course for juniors and seniors
* Based on this syllabus, the candidate will be required to carry out a 20 minute class
demonstration (in English) at the time of interview.
Send the registered mail to: “Application for English Literature Position”
English Department Office, Faculty of Letters,
4-1 Okadayama, Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo, JAPAN 〒662-8505
Inquiries: English Department Office Phone: 0798-51-8548 Fax: 0798-51-8532
N.B. Submitted materials will not be returned unless requested upon application.
If you want your documents back after our screening, please enclose “Cash on Delivery Bill.”
|Secondary Categories:||British History / Studies