Queensborough Community College, Bursar
Enrollment Bursar Manager
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Enrollment Bursar Manager
Job ID: 10853
Location: CUNY Queensborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Manages a College student accounts function and related activities.
- Participates in developing and implementing strategies, policies and procedures to ensure the prompt billing and timely collection of student receivables
- Manages daily office operations; supervises the accuracy and security of student revenue transactions; enforces College and University policies regarding the collection of tuition and fees
- Analyzes office performance against revenue targets and other relevant benchmarks; recommends and implements improvements
- Assists management with developing strategic plans, evaluating outcomes and ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May serve as College's Return to Title IV Compliance Officer
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Bursar Manager
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Enrollment Bursar Director, the Bursar Manager will perform these additional duties:
- Oversee the Bursar and Collections functions in the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system.
- Manage and cross train the Bursar staff in the Bursar operations as well as general Financial Aid and Registrar functions and/or inquiries.
- Supervise the review and collection of past due accounts.
- Develop and update training and processing manuals.
- Work with the Director to create policies that streamline business processes and foster working relationships with related student services.
- Prepare presentations and conduct workshops for student orientations and train administrators to conduct workshops.
- Represent the Bursar at meetings and committees.
Evening hours will be required.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Master's degree and minimum of five years managing a Bursar staff preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with the Financial Aid and Registrar modules of PeopleSoft as they relate to the collection of revenue preferred
- Experience working with and developing bursar business processes and procedures
- Proficiency in creating and using Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
July 6, 2014 - Review of resumes will start on June 20, 2014.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
HOW TO APPLY