City University of New York - Graduate Center, CUNY School of Public Health
IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 2 (Provisional)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 2 (Provisional) - CUNY School of Public Health
Job ID: 10153
Department: CUNY School of Public Health
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: June 12, 2014
Campus Specific Information
The CUNY SPH is a consortial school, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. It includes the public health programs at Brooklyn, Hunter and Lehman Colleges and the Graduate School and University Center. We offer a range of innovative bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, with a focus on urban health.
Under the direction of the Senior Dean for Administration and with wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, the IT Computer Systems Manager will manage and be responsible for the integration of all of the School's administrative information technology applications and the university's enterprise system CUNYfirst. Plans, organizes, and manages the activities related to these applications; investigates and determines the requirements needed for integration. Is responsible for setting standards for all data requirements for application systems; provides recommendations on the data base processing implication of new systems; assures adherence to standards; plans and oversees the installation and maintenance of applications systems.
Additional areas of responsibility and coordination:
- Manages systems for promoting electronic communications and information sharing within the SPH community and with external stakeholders.
- Assesses and addresses hardware and software needs and collaborate with campus, school, and university IT staff to address them; facilitates on-line communication between SPH students faculty and staff (e.g. through Blackboard, CUNY Academic Commons and remote meeting capability, such as GoToMeeting).
- Facilitates access, as appropriate, to admissions, registration, course and other information across the consortial campuses.
- Manages the SPH's IT budget and operations, including scheduling, space, hardware and software licensing, distribution and related Infrastructure needs.
- Maintains the school's website, updating content and facilitating user friendliness.
- Communicates with CUNY Central and other campus constituents on information security awareness and breach procedures.
- Reviews requests for new equipment and software with appropriate executive management to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Acts as the incident manager for major network and information security incidents in and out of working hours.
- Coordinates communications between CUNY School of Public Health faculty, staff, students, and IT Department.
I.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
1. Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
2. Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- Experience supporting higher education institutions
- Experience in enrollment data management
- Experience in database administration
- Experience working with Exchange email server
- Experience working with UNIX / VMware / Windows, MAC, and Linux / SQL
How to Apply:
Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume (as one document) with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***