Project Assistant (part- time, 65%) for English Translation Project of Document Edition
One Project Assistant (part- time, 65%) for English Translation Project of Document Edition
The Federal Archives, the Institute of Contemporary History and the University of Freiburg in cooperation with Yad Vashem invite for applications for the position of a Project Assistant for the following project:
Complete English translation of the Document Edition: “The Persecution and Destruction of the European Jews by Nazi Germany 1933-1945” (www.edition-judenverfolgung.de)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in History or closely related subject
- Profound knowledge of Holocaust History, History of WW II and Jewish History in Europe
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English
- Full proficiency in German
- Additional Knowledge of one or more of the following languages (French, Polish, Russian, Yiddish) is welcome
- Profound organizational and communication skills
- Work experience in similar project or publication houses is welcome
- knowledge of databases in historiography (XML-based editing) is welcome
The successful candidate will assist the coordinator of the translation project of the German-language edition: “Die Verfolgung und Ermordung der europäischen Juden durch das nationalsozialistische Deutschland 1933-1945”. This edition will comprise 16 volumes with over 5.000 documents of victims, perpetrators and bystanders of the Holocaust. All important stages and aspects of the persecution and destruction of the Jewish populations in Europe will be presented in the edition. He or she will be responsible for obtaining the copies of the original documents, negotiating publication rights, communicate with different translators.
This is a part time (65%) position, limited to the duration of the project (at least 3 years), available from approx. June 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter. This post is based in Berlin, at the Institute of Contemporary History.
The project is funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) and Yad Vashem.
Approximately 26.000 Euro (before taxes), TVL-13, 65%, for further information: http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info
Closing Date: April 15th 2014
Interview Date: May 9th 2014 in Berlin
Please send your application as one pdf-file only via email to:
|Primary Category:||Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
Jewish History / Studies