Teaching Position in SOCIOLOGY
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Buddhist College of Singapore (BCS), founded in 2005 and located within the premises of Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery (for monks) and the Po En Temple (for nuns), offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in Buddhist Studies conducted in both English and Chinese. It invites applications for an open-rank teaching position of Sociology beginning in August 2014.
SOCIOLOGY LECTURER (BCS)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume full responsibilities for teaching Sociology to adult students
- Convene social work modules and contribute to the design, preparation and delivery of course structures and curriculum
- Prepare and supervise different modes of assessment
- Actively participate in other activities of the College
- Minimum Master Degree in Sociology or its equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in teaching adults at tertiary level will be advantageous
- Good track records of relevant researches and publications preferred
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin to manage Mandarin speaking users
Applications should include a cover letter detailing teaching and research interests, a CV, contact details of three referees, and a writing sample or dissertation abstract. Additional materials such as sample syllabi and course descriptions are welcome but not required.
The deadline for application is 30 May 2014. Review of applications will begin as soon as applications are received.
|Website:||http://www.kmspks.org/ and http://www.bcs.edu.sg/|