|Location:||District of Columbia, United States|
Position: Project Director
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Director
Division: Education Programs Division
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks a dynamic and proven leader to manage and guide a professional development program for young African leaders. The Project Director will provide leadership by facilitating innovation, collaboration, and project impact among the donor, program participants, implementing partners and staff. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the program and provide vision and strategic direction for the program.
- Supervise the planning, development of processes, schedules, and overall program events and operations.
- Develop and manage effective partnerships with host academic institutions and internship organizations/companies.
- Ensure a fair and transparent recruitment and selection process and an appropriate level of consistency among the different host institution programs.
- Manage program budget and ensure budget discipline.
- Develop and manage relationships with the donor.
- Oversee program monitoring and evaluation, communications and reporting.
- Design and facilitate program trainings/workshops.
- Manage and mentor program staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in managing large international education and exchange projects; 15-20 years preferred.
- Minimum Master’s degree in education, international development, international education or similar required.
- Experience in working with career services and/or internship programs at higher education institutions, private corporations, or business associations preferred.
- International field experience strongly desired; Sub-Saharan Africa experience preferred.
- Experience in managing U.S. Government-funded activities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff, manage budgets and plan strategically and creatively to meet objectives.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required;
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application. If you are creating a new profile you need to do so and then go back in to apply for a position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE