Project Specialist (Organizational and Business Effectiveness Specialist) – Office of IT (2 positions)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Position Title: Project Specialist (Organizational and Business Effectiveness Specialist) –
Office of IT (2 positions)
Job ID: 10073
Department: Information Technology
Compensation: $51,195 - $64,956
Closing Date: March 8, 2014
Campus Specific Information
Information Technology (IT) is the division of the Graduate Center responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information. IT is made up of three divisions and the Division of Administrative Services concentrates on delivering and supporting a suite of operational activities such as: budgeting, procurement, asset management, recruitment and personnel actions, project management, professional development, IT assessments and administrative support for the entire department.
Reporting directly to the IT Project Portfolio Services Manager, the Project Specialist will administer all aspects of the annual IT project portfolio including technical and administrative undertakings and initiatives using planning, monitoring, and controlling processes to ensure success.
- Assist with administering technical and administrative projects, undertakings and initiatives; work with technical leads, sponsors, stakeholders, and administrative staff to make planning assumptions; assist with identifying project scope, goals and deliverables, resources and timelines.
- Assist with developing detailed plans and schedules for the scope of the project.
- Provide support by tracking milestones and completion of tasks and following-up on outstanding matters.
- Assist with creating communication plans that detail how and when information will be shared with stakeholders, constituents, team members, etc.
- Assist with managing and controlling scope creep with a change management plan that evaluates and prioritizes all changes to the plan after it is in effect and includes written documentation and the approval process for the particular project/initiative.
- Collect and analyze data, develop statistical reports, and assist with assessments such as the CUNY PMP.
- Assist with establishing clear ownership of team members' tasks and responsibilities; ensure that team members have tools and resources needed; coordinate timeline of activities to minimize risk of staff shortages, work-flow conflict, down time, etc.
- Collaborate with IT Risk Assessment Specialist during project audits and assessments and execute risk mitigation plans when necessary; use metrics and assessments to support management in measuring the effectiveness of projects, undertakings, and initiatives.
- Escalate project issues to the IT Project Portfolio Services Manager for assistance and resolution.
- Organize and conduct team meetings; deliver regular status reports; prepare and present oral and written project presentations.
- Facilitate weekly Change Management meeting.
- Create project-related documentation and instructional materials if necessary.
- Build and maintain effective communication and working relationships with team members, stakeholders, contractors, etc.
- Participate in professional development activities.
Assists with planning, conducting, and implementing improvements to operational practices and systems aimed at enhancing organizational effectiveness.
-Provides functional project support to areas in transition, collects and analyzes data, and prepares project materials
-Coordinates efforts between departments and between the college/unit and external participants
-Participates in planning implementation tasks, including training
-Performs needs and outcomes assessments as needed
-May provide training and follow-up support
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- 2 to 3 years of project coordination experience preferably in an information technology environment
- Experience with developing communication plans and familiarity with change management plans
- Experience with organizing and conducting project team meetings and facilitating discussions
- Experience with creating documentation and/or training materials
- Experience with creating various types of reports. e.g. status and statistical reports
- Experience with preparing and delivering oral and written presentations; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to self-direct and effectively manage assignments
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; knowledge of project management applications
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below: