Metropolitan State University, College of Arts and Sciences
Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Minnesota, United States|
Metropolitan State University invites applications for the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). CAS houses nine departments (Communication, Writing and the Arts; Ethnic and Religious Studies; History; Information and Computer Sciences; Literature and Language; Mathematics; Natural Sciences; Practical Philosophy and Ethics; Social Science), two undergraduate programs (Gender Studies, Liberal Arts Major) and three graduate programs (MS- Computer Science, MA- Liberal Studies, MS- Technical Communications).
Reporting directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs the dean will be a strategic leader and effective manager, responsible for providing leadership to the College faculty and staff.
- Articulate and implement a student-centered vision for the College that supports the academic and institutional mission and vision;
- Lead strategic planning for the college;
- Attract, hire and retain highly-qualified, diverse faculty and staff;
- Develop and maintain high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs and courses;
- Lead continuous improvement projects for the college;
- Promote a culture of engagement, inclusion, and innovation;
- Provide oversight of college reports and systems (e.g., program review, student learning
- assessment, appeals) and manage the College’s budget;
- Represent the College’s programs within the academic community and in professionally related activities at the local, state, regional, national and international levels
- Serve on the Provost’s Academic Affairs Council and the President's Cabinet
- Supervise and promote professional development of faculty and staff.
- A Ph.D. or an equivalent terminal degree in a field encompassed by the disciplines of the college from an institution which has regional or equivalent accreditation.
- Record of teaching and scholarly achievement to justify the rank of Associate Professor or higher.
- At least five years of demonstrated academic administration experience at the level of department chair or higher.
- Experience working with:
- curriculum development;
- program development and implementation;
- student learning assessment;
- program review;
- inter-disciplinary teams;
- Strong communication, managerial, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of culturally, ethnically and racially diverse, adult learners and to affirmative action in staffing and operations
- Collaborative and collegial working style with a demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and adapt to changing institutional priorities.
- Commitment to the value of studies in the arts and sciences in the context of higher education.
- Experience in an urban university.
- Experience with graduate education.
- Experience with shared governance within a collective bargaining environment
To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
|Secondary Categories:||Canadian History / Studies