Kyushu University, International Student Center
Associate Professor, Japanese Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Kyushu University International Student Center is seeking to fill a full-time, four-year faculty position in Japanese studies at the associate professor level. The period of appointment is from April 1, 2014, or shortly thereafter, through March 31, 2018; the successful candidate may be considered for eventual permanent hire.
Primary responsibilities for this position include teaching in a humanities or social science field, in English, for the University's various undergraduate degree and exchange programs, as well as conducting research in a Japanese or Asian studies-related area.
Kyushu University, founded in 1911, is a leading national institution broadly engaged in higher education, advanced scientific and applied research, and service to community with rich, world-class traditions of excellence and achievement. The International Student Center administers a range of academic exchange and cooperative learning programs in support of the University's internationalization goals.
- University-level teaching and research experience in Japan
- Experience managing or teaching for an education abroad program in Japan or Asia more broadly
- Record of teaching and research in Japanese or Asian studies
- Strong commitment to global and intercultural education
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Japanese language
- Fluency or near-fluency in English
- Extended experience working in an academic environment abroad
- Earned PhD in a humanities or social science field
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research interests, statement of commitment to international education, description of any program management (administration, coordination) experience, three examples of published scholarship, and the names and contact information for three references, all in English, to: email@example.com Please include “ISC faculty position” in the subject line. Inquiries may be directed to the same address.
Send complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “ISC faculty position” in the subject line. Inquiries may be directed to the same address.
|Primary Category:||Japanese History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Asian History / Studies