Institutional Research Analyst
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Title: Institutional Research Analyst
Job ID: 9033
Closing Date: November 20, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Assists with Institutional Research projects, data, and reports.
- Coordinates the design and maintenance of Institutional Research databases.
- Works with large complex data sets, including exporting/importing from various sources, cleaning data files, and maintaining historical records.
- Assists with the design, production and administration of survey instruments, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepares and runs reports for internal and external constituents.
- Works with others in the College community to assure high-quality information and reporting.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Institutional Research Analyst
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at QCC supports academic planning and assessment, sponsored programs, program reviews, strategic planning, and reports to external agencies including federal and state agents. The office monitors the needs, academic progress, and success of students through program specific and institution-wide assessment efforts. In this effort the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment collaborates with and reports to faculty, staff, and administrators.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, the Institutional Research Analyst will assist with data reports, program dashboards, the annual fact book, and other ad hoc data requests from faculty and staff. The Institutional Research Analyst will collaborate with faculty and staff in monitoring and analyzing students' academic progress such as semester grades, retention and graduation rates, transfer out activities, and other parameters.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience in higher education research and institutional research
- Strong working knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft Excel, Survey Monkey, and Remark Office, as well as basic understanding of relational database queries
- Experience working with National Student Clearinghouse data searches and the IPEDS data center
- Strong understanding of the importance of data integrity and a detail oriented approach to data queries; Experience creating dashboards in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with faculty
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Please Apply Online