Enrollment Bursar Director
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Title: Enrollment Bursar Director
Job ID: 9391
Closing Date: November 22, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Directs College student accounts operations and activities.
- Designs, implements and monitors an array of functions in the billing and collection of student receivables
- Establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and internal controls for accounting and depositing of payments, monitoring of receivables and optimizing collections
- Develops strategic plan; assesses outcomes and formulates responses to improve student revenue performance
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Bursar Director
CONTRACT TITLE: Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Business and Financial Services, the Enrollment Bursar Director will:
- Oversee all aspects of the bursar department operations and personnel.
- Working closely with Production Support, oversee, evaluate, and make recommendations on all areas of Student Financials module as new/enhanced functionality is rolled out; assist in evaluation of same in other functional areas including Financial Aid, Registrar, and Admissions.
- Ensure optimal utilization of Student Financials module to improve student revenue performance.
- Create and/or enhance existing reports to monitor receivables; optimize collections.
- Establish policy and procedures that yield the highest level of customer service leading to increased student satisfaction and overall positive Bursar experience.
- Oversee training and development of staff to ensure timely delivery of accurate information on consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor meaningful customer service metrics; analyze and implement procedures to address areas of concern.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required during peak registration periods.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior role in a bursar function at a college or University
- Experience with CUNYfirst Student Financials system preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing professional and support staff
- Ability to collaborate with staff, faculty, administration, and the community
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.