Southeast Missouri State University, Department of History
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Missouri, United States|
History - Medieval
Department of History
Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (12 hours/4 courses per semester) in History; conducting research in area(s) of expertise; and performing departmental service.
- Ph.D. or A.B.D. (with Ph.D. by June 2014) in Medieval History, or History with an emphasis in Medieval history. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Experience teaching at college/university level as a graduate assistant, instructor or above
- Demonstrated scholarly promise
- Additional areas of teaching expertise to complement departmental strengths
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multicultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
Application Deadline: This position is available fall 2014, and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by November 22, 2013.
A representative will conduct preliminary scheduled interviews at the American Historical Association meeting, January 2-5, 2014, but applicants need not be interviewed there to be considered.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/js_login.cfm?&TopHeader=semoedu
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of History can be found at http://www.semo.edu/history
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
|Primary Category:||Medieval and Byzantine History / Studies