Assistant Professor, History, all subfields
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Higher School of Economics invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor, or higher, in the Faculties of History at both its Moscow and St. Petersburg campuses.
We welcome candidates in all subfields and notably in economic history and 18-20th century world history, post-colonial theory and historiography, history of international relations, diplomacy and public diplomacy, social and technological history, global, comparative, and transnational history.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities (http://hse.ru/en, http://hist.hse.ru/en/, http://spb.hse.ru/en/history/)
- Internationally competitive сompensation package, 13% flat income tax rate and other benefits
- Generous travel support and research grants provided by the university’s Centre for Advanced Studies (www.cas.hse.ru)
- Low teaching load; minimal service required
- Heavy emphasis on high quality research
- Ph.D. in History or related fields
- Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is not required)
- Ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals and international university presses
Generally appointments will be made for an initial three-year period and upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts would normally be extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
Please provide a CV, at least 2 letters of reference forwarded directly, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper. All materials should be addressed to Martin Gilman, Director, Centre for Advanced Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 18, 2013.
Martin Gilman email@example.com
|Secondary Categories:||World History / Studies