Northwestern University, African American Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Illinois, United States|
The Department of African American Studies in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY invites applications for a two year Postdoctoral Fellowship. PhD must be completed by September 1, 2014. Recent Ph.D.s (degree granted during or after 2012) with a commitment to the field of African American and/or African Diaspora studies are encouraged to apply. We’re especially interested in projects in comparative African Diaspora/American Indian Studies but welcome all applicants.
This two year fellowship is residential and provides a competitive stipend and benefits, a visiting appointment in the Department of African American Studies (including teaching of one or two classes in the Department), and participation in the intellectual life of the Department and University.
Applicants should submit electronically via this link http://www.afam.northwestern.edu/ by December 15, 2013:
1) a current curriculum vitae,
2) a letter of application detailing the research project to be undertaken during the fellowship years,
3) a sample of scholarly writing,
4) evidence relating to the quality of teaching (syllabi and teaching evaluations),
5) three letters of recommendation (including one letter from the dissertation advisor) to:
All inquiries should be addressed to Suzette Denose at 847-491-5122 or email@example.com. AA/EOE.
Suzette Denose at 847-491-5122 or firstname.lastname@example.org