Communications Publications Design Specialist
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Title: Communications Publications Design Specialist
Job ID: 9069
Location: Queensborough CC
Closing Date: October 17, 2013
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides design and production expertise for College publications, written materials, and multi-media communications.
- Works with department and other College administrators to assess departmental publication needs and determine appropriate production and design elements
- Participates in planning communications messages, graphic elements, and formats appropriate to client requirements
- Manages production schedules and budgets, coordinating production activities with internal and external personnel
- Plans and implements on-line and multimedia communications, coordinating with Information Technology professionals as needed
- Supervises staff both creative and production staff; works with College print shop, computer center, and other departments to ensure support of college publication needs
- May oversee equipment inventories and coordinate maintenance of specialized equipment and technology
- Develops production workflows, policies and standards, and assures adherence to any internal or external communications standards
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Communications Publications Design Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Queensborough Community College is one of 24 institutions, including seven community colleges, within The City University of New York, the nation's largest urban public university.
The Office of Communications and Marketing works to promote the College, its programs, faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, the Communications Publications Design Specialist will collaborate with the Director of Publications to develop marketing collateral. The Specialist will manage content and messaging, flag inappropriate messaging, and share with the Executive Director creative initiative and design suggestions.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite - Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience working with Dreamweaver, Flash, or other web-related product
- Strong Photoshop retouching skills
- Experience designing marketing collateral (brochures, flyers, forms, booklets, news ads, etc.)
- Photography experience and experience overseeing photography assignments for marketing collateral
- Skills in developing successful collateral materials and coordinating branding, design, and development initiatives across all collateral
- Proven ability to ensure consistency of all messaging and visual representations across brand
- Exceptional written communications skills, excellent editorial judgment, and solid proofreading skills to ensure all materials are high-quality and accurate
- Experience in message development and audience identification, with ability to adapt style to suit different communications audiences
- Strong creative writing and design skills for creating eye-catching hooks and designs
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while managing multiple priority assignments
- A strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Outstanding creativity, attention to detail, and strong customer service skills
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Applications will be reviewed of all applicants who include submission of a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio that highlights creative and technical skills, abilities, and potential.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.