Texas Lutheran University, History
Assistant Professor of History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY
1000 West Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HISTORY
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a tenure-track, full-time position in History. Appointment is to begin August 2014. The anticipated rank for this position is Assistant Professor.
Requirements for the position include:
- Ph.D. in History (ABDs with appropriate assurances of completion date may be considered)
- Ability to teach a variety of courses in history
- Evidence of successful teaching experience, openness to interdisciplinary teaching and team-teaching, and ability to contribute to the institution’s general education curriculum and teacher education program
- Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally recognized university of the liberal arts, sciences, and professional students in the Lutheran (ELCA) tradition.
In our selection, preference will be given to candidates who also offer one or more of the following:
- Specialization outside the western hemisphere
- Ability to teach in any of the following areas: Asian history, Middle Eastern history, African history, Eastern European history, quantitative history, business history
- Fluency in a language other than English, or substantial international experience
- Demonstrated ability of effective teaching of 100- and 200-level history classes to non-history majors
Salary is competitive; benefits are excellent. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and university value and practice academic freedom and prepare women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information, consult our website at www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research interests, and five professional references (names, addresses, e-mail, and telephone numbers). Also arrange for three confidential letters of reference to be submitted separately. While electronic submissions are preferred, paper submissions will be accepted. Please send your submissions to
Rebecca A. Czuchry, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of History
Texas Lutheran University, 1000 W Court Street, Seguin, TX, 78155
Phone: (830) 372-6336 email: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin in October and continue until the position is filled. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). As part of a serious commitment to diversity in its faculty, Texas Lutheran University encourages applications from women and minorities.
Rebecca A. Czuchry, Ph.D.
Department Chair - History Department
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court St.
Seguin, TX 78155
|Secondary Categories:||History Education