The University of Tulsa, The University of Tulsa's Helmerich Center for American Research at the Gilcrease Museum
Director of Research and Endowed Professor, The University of Tulsa's Helmerich Center for American Research at the Gilcrease Museum
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Oklahoma, United States|
Director of Research and Endowed Professor, The University of Tulsa's Helmerich Center for American Research
at Gilcrease Museum
The University of Tulsa (TU) seeks a dynamic, accomplished and collegial scholar to serve as founding director of research for the newly constructed Helmerich Center for American Research (HCAR) at Gilcrease Museum. The position offers an extraordinary opportunity to shape a bold and innovative long-term interdisciplinary research agenda to advance Americanist research and augment understanding of the extensive holdings of the Gilcrease Museum and related special collections of McFarlin Library at The University of Tulsa. The founding director will also hold the Walter H. Helmerich Chair in American Research concurrently with the director's appointment, and a senior faculty appointment in an appropriate academic department at The University of Tulsa. The HCAR director reports to the provost of the university.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field of Americanist research (anthropology, archaeology, art, art history, geography, history, languages, literature, etc.).
- Substantial and sustained record of research and publication (scholarly books, monographs, and articles).
- Successful record of university teaching.
- Administrative experience in grants management or oversight of a department, research center, or institute.
- Demonstrated interest in advancing scholarly and public understanding of Americanist research, broadly conceived.
- Successful fundraising experience or a desire to engage in fundraising to augment support for HCAR.
All inquiries, nominations, and applications shall remain confidential. Complete applications must include a curriculum vitae and letter of interest along with the names and contact information of three references. Submit letters of nomination and applications electronically to:
Associate Vice President Jacqueline Caldwell, Esq. at HCARemail@example.com
Additional information about the Helmerich Center for American Research, Gilcrease Museum, and The University of Tulsa may be found at the following websites: http://www.hcar.utulsa.edu, www. http://gilcrease.utulsa.edu, and http://www.utulsa.edu.
Review of applications and nominations will begin on October 15, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jacqueline Higgs Caldwell, Esq.
Associate Vice President