City University of New York - Queensborough Community College, Performing Arts Center
Administrative Events Specialist - Queensborough Performing Arts Center
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Title: Administrative Events Specialist - Queensborough Performing Arts Center
Job ID: 9019
Closing Date: October 6, 2013
Location: Queensborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
GENERAL DUTIES :
Plans and manages special events, seminars, and conference services programs.
- Works collaboratively with campus departments and executives, student groups, and outside organizations to develop and plan special events and programs.
- Plans event logistics and secures contracts and agreements.
- May coordinate reservations and availability of internal campus facilities.
- Creates and executes event communications, including invitations, agendas, and marketing information.
- Coordinates services related to events (i.e., equipment, catering, audio-visual requirements, media coverage). May hire and supervise staff assigned to event.
- Creates fiscal records and reports; evaluates overall event success and reports to management.
- Maintains ongoing communications with campus departments involved in events planning and execution.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Events Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION :
The Queensborough Performing Arts Center (QPAC) serves 95,000 people per year through its professional performing arts series and its facility rentals to outside organizations. The Administrative Events Specialist of QPAC will report to and assist the Artistic Director of QPAC by performing the following responsibilities:
- Field rental inquiries and show spaces to prospective clients.
- Perform company background checks.
- Prepare rental contracts.
- Collect and report rental fees (deposits, balances, etc.).
- Prepare bank deposits as necessary.
- Coordinate proper staffing of events to include security, maintenance, box office, volunteers, and house management.
- Generate weekly event schedule.
- E-blast weekly schedule of events.
- Interact with departments to secure requested locations.
- Process room reservations and maintain reservations log.
- Create events in ticketing software for all shows and departmental events.
- Prepare and mail performance contracts.
- Facilitate ticket orders; print tickets.
- Prepare performance/event deposits and/or check requests.
- Oversee petty cash disbursements and maintain log.
- Process donations.
- Prepare performance/event reconciliations.
- Operate the box office on days when performances are in effect.
- Prepare mailing lists and execute flyer mailings.
- Maintain calendars.
- Provide social media support through Facebook, Twitter and Constant Contact.
- Submit events to local newspapers.
Evening and weekend work routinely required.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
A degree in Theatre, Marketing & Communications, or Management preferred. Relevant experience in a creative environment or field is also preferred.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and business skills
- Experience with managing simultaneous deadline-driven projects
- Strong writing skills
- Proven customer service ability
- Excellent computer skills
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit http://www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY:
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Please Apply Online.