Records Technician - Temp - Queens NY
|Location:||New York, United States|
Full-Time, Temporary 4 month position – Immediate start date - Maspeth, Queens, NY
History Associates has an immediate need for a Records Technician to conduct a records inventory for a large corporation in NYC. We are seeking individuals in the New York Metropolitan area.
This is a perfect opportunity for a current MLS/MLIS student or recent graduate. The work will be performed at a records warehouse accessible by mass transit. The project will be supervised by an onsite archivist.
- Conduct records survey of 13,000 boxes of records
- Undertake records analysis and apply retention schedules
- Record disposition in tracking database
- Prepare materials for destruction
NOTE: This is not a digital archives project
- Master’s degree or current enrollment in a library science master’s program, or that of a related discipline with degree concentration in archival/records management studies or supplemented by archival/records management courses, seminars, or practica
- General experience in records management activities including records scheduling and implementing file classification plans
- Ability to interpret records and apply retention schedules
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, schedule, and organize work
- Ability to work to a production-based schedule
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Experience with MS Access, Excel, and Word
Compensation: $15.00 per hour. Position is not eligible for benefits or paid leave.
History Associates is an equal opportunity employer
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
Attn: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Incomplete packages will not be considered.
|Primary Category:||Library and Information Science
|Secondary Categories:||Archival Science