Academia Sinica, Institute of History and Philology
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor / Archaeology
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
The Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica welcomes applications for a full-time research position:
- Ranks Available: Assistant Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow or Research Fellow (Positions roughly correspond to assistant professor, associate professor, and professor at a U.S. university.)
- Qualifications: Applicants must have a PhD or have defended by the application deadline. (Those who have yet to receive the diploma must provide proof of having passed the oral exam or of approval of the dissertation.)
- Areas of Specialization: Taiwan Archaeology, Archaeology of South East Asia and Oceania, Archaeological Sciences, Environmental Archaeology
- Please Submit the Following Materials:
(1) Application Form (see website)
(2) A list of academic publications
(3) Copy of PhD diploma or PhD certification (or proof of having passed the oral exam or review)
(4) A two- to five-page statement of research plans
(5) Two letters of recommendation sent by the recommenders directly to the IHP
(6) Writing samples from the last five years (up to three publications for the Assistant Research Fellow rank, and up to six for Associate Research Fellow and above). If a PhD dissertation is to be used, please submit the entire dissertation and not excerpted individual chapters.
Academia Sinica in Taiwan is an all-research institution, and the successful applicant may devote all of his or her time to research and publications, and expect generous research support.
Applicants need not be able to publish in Chinese, but the ability to communicate in spoken Chinese is required.
Applications must be received no later than November 30, 2013. Please alert us by email upon sending an application.
Applicants for the Associate Research Fellow or Research Fellow rank should contact the IHP about required qualifications before applying. Direct inquiries to Ms. Ching-fen Chen (email@example.com)
Ms. Ching-fen Chen
Institute of History & Philology, Academia Sinica
128 Academia Road, Section 2; Nankang Taipei, Taiwan 11529
Tel: 886-2-2782-9555 ext. 240, Fax: 886-2-2783-1815