Lecturer - Sociology
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Washington, United States|
The College of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Social Work invites applications for one full-time Lecturer in Sociology to begin mid-September 2013.
Responsibilities include working and teaching within the Sociology and Justice Studies Department. Main responsibilities include:
1) Teaching a variety of existing Sociology courses, including Intro to Sociology, Social Problems, Sex and Gender, Sociology of Family, and/or Social Change. Teaching assignments will depend on departmental needs and the applicant's expertise.
2) Developing curriculum and course(s) on Public Sociology with a focus on social justice and community engagement.
3) Working with the Office of Community Engagement on incorporating service learning in the Sociology program, allowing majors to build meaningful relationships with communities.
4) Collaborating with Sociology & Justice Studies faculty in the process of revising the Sociology major.
Screening of applications will begin mid-August; position will be open for applications through 8/31/2013. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
1) M.A. in Sociology (must be completed no later than the position start date).
2) Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence is required;
3) Demonstrated high degree of interest, ability, and/or experience promoting cultural diversity, community engagement, and social justice.
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
Preference will be given to candidates who also possess one or more of the following:
1) Advanced graduate work in Sociology or closely related field.
2) One or more years teaching experience at the instructor level.
Eastern Washington University
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2kjv4j6
|Primary Category:||Social History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Social Sciences