University of Chicago, East Asian Languages and Civilizations
Assistant Professor in Traditional Chinese Literature
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Illinois, United States|
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN TRADITIONAL CHINESE LITERATURE, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
The Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of Chicago invites applications for a tenure-track position on the assistant professor level in Chinese literature of the Song to Qing periods. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2014, with teaching to begin October 1, 2014. Area of specialization is open. The ability to carry out research that combines literary concerns with a broad range of cultural and historical issues is highly desired. Ph.D. completed by September of 2014 is strongly preferred. For consideration applications must be received by the closing date of November 15, 2013.
Applicants should submit:
1) a letter of application,
2) abstract and one chapter of the dissertation, or other suitable writing sample,
3) a current curriculum vitae, and
4) three letters of recommendation.
All materials except letters of recommendation must be submitted online at the University of Chicago's Academic Career Opportunities website, posting # 01824, at http://tinyurl.com/kexy7wu
Letters of recommendation can be sent in any of the following ways:
1) uploading at the University of Chicago's Academic Career Opportunities website
2) emailing a signed pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) mailing letters directly or via portfolio service to The University of Chicago, 1050 E. 59th Street, EALC, Wb. 301, Chicago, IL 60637, attn. D. Brennan
Position contingent upon final budgetary approval.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Primary Category:||East Asian History / Studies