Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job ID: 8709
Contract Title: Higher Education Officer
Location: Queensborough CC
Department: VP Institutional Advancement
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: July 25 2013
Closing Date: August 24 2013
Job Type: Full Time/Regular
Directs College corporate and foundation relations strategy and operations.
- Designs, develops and oversees strategic program to secure corporate and foundation funding for various College initiatives
- Responsible for meeting specific goals and targets
- Develops funding strategies, assesses outcome of strategic plan, and refines approaches to meet priority objectives
- Oversees a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors to establish and sustain ongoing relations; cultivates new prospects
- Maintains relationships with sponsoring organizations to promote and maintain funding
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner
- May develop proposals for institutional, academic, and arts grants
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will lead and expand the College's fundraising efforts with business, industry, corporate, and community leaders as well as with private foundations to support the College and its programs. Fundraising priorities at Queensborough Community College include the following: student scholarships and support; the college's three cultural centers - Kupferberg Holocaust Center, QCC Art Gallery, and Performing Arts Center (QPAC); and faculty development and pedagogy with particular emphasis upon high impact learning practices to increase retention and graduation rates among Queensborough's diverse student body.
- Raise money for the college and its programs.
- Generate new fundraising leads among community, business, corporate and industry leaders.
- Coordinate the Annual Partners Gala.
- Cultivate, solicit, secure, and steward corporate and private foundation gifts and grants.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for corporate and foundation prospects.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate, foundation, and community representatives.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Non-standard working hours may be required
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Documented fundraising experience with business, corporations, and foundations required
- Excellent writing skills required both in terms of writing compelling case statements as well as with grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Budget development and management skills required
- Must be able to write 1-2 page preliminary proposals quickly, such as within 24 hours
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Highly organized and detail- and deadline-oriented
- Must provide own transportation to attend meetings with external funding sources/donors
- Fundraising knowledge of Queens, Long Island, and NYC preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
To Apply: http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.