Montana State University - Billings, Department of History
Assistant Professor of History,
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Montana, United States|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
POSITION: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HISTORY
Search # 1416JUL
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty
DEPARTMENT: Department of History
College of Arts & Sciences
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience, and subject to the Collective Bargaining Unit
DATE TO SATART: Fall 2014
BARGAINING UNIT: MSU Billings Faculty Association/MEA-MFT
Montana State University Billings is the third largest University in Montana and is located in Montana’s largest city. The Main campus, College of Technology and Downtown campus together are home to approximately 5,500 students. The University has five colleges, which offer a wide variety of degree programs to its students. Montana State University Billings employs approximately 500 employees, who together work hard to create an outstanding University. For information on Billings, click here. Additional information on the Billings region is available by clicking here.
The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of courses in colonial, revolutionary era, and early national American history, with courses in American Women’s History/Gender Studies preferred.
- Initiate and maintain a program of research and scholarly development consistent with applicant’s area of expertise, departmental guidelines, and CBA requirements for tenure and promotion.
- In addition, responsibilities include student advisement, department and campus committee participation and development/delivery of appropriate online courses. The candidate is expected to share the University commitment to outcomes assessment and our strategic initiatives
- Ph.D. degree or evidence of advanced ABD
- Experience with and capable of teaching beginning through advanced History classes
- Evidence of teaching experience
- Experience in, or strong commitment to developing and teaching courses in Colonial U.S., Revolutionary, and Early National U.S. history with courses in Women’s General Education courses in the Department of History
- Willingness to develop and teach on-linen courses
- Experience in, or strong commitment to, developing and teaching General Education courses in the Department of History
- Commitment to share the University’s commitment to outcomes assessment nad our strategic initiatives.
REVIEW DATE: Applications received by October 11, 2013, will be given preference review; however, the position is open until filled.
APPLY: Submit: (a) Cover Letter addressing the above qualifications/skills; (b) Current Curriculum Vitae; (c)Statement of Educational Philosophy; (d) Unofficial Copies of Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts (certified copies will be required if offer is extended and accepted); (e) a List of Three Professional References including names, addresses, and phone numbers; and (f) the Authorization for Background Check Form (Click here to access the form) (g) Voluntary Applicant Survey Form (Click here to access the voluntary form which is kept separate from your application) to:
Human Resources Office/EEO-AA Office
Montana State University-Billings
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101-0298
Phone: (406) 657-2278; FAX: (406) 657-2120
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. (In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.)
In accordance with The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the MSU Billings Crime Statistics of Specified Crimes is available for applicant review online at http://www.msubillings.edu/security, or can be accessed in the Human Resources Office, McMullen Hall, Rm 310.
MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY BILLINGS IS AN ADA/AA/EEO EMPLOYER. Qualified women, persons from minority groups, persons with disabilities, and persons with eligible veteran status are encouraged to apply. Contact Human Resources Office, MSU Billings, for more information regarding preference or accommodation (406)657-2278/TTY).
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Women, Gender, and Sexuality