|Location:||Missouri, United States|
Operations Director | St Louis
Reports to Director
POSTING: Rebuild Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, with a mission to help neighborhoods thrive through culture-driven redevelopment by activating abandoned spaces with arts and cultural programming, seeks a director charged with oversight of Rebuild Foundation’s operations in St Louis.
The Operations Director | St Louis will lead the expansion of vibrant community arts hubs, direct programming and staff, manage building operations, lead community relations and development efforts, and provide oversight of a modest food service\arts retail enterprise for Rebuild Foundation’s St Louis operations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills in initiating and leading new projects; an ability to negotiate and manage multiple constituencies and stakeholders; an enterprising approach to non-profit arts management; experience supervising staff; successful community engagement and fundraising capabilities; creativity in the development of community arts programs; and a commitment to community-led arts redevelopment strategies.
- Lead daily operations of program spaces and staff.
- Oversee St Louis-based budgets. Create and manage program budgets, process invoices, produce budget reports.
- Manage program development, planning, implementation and reporting.
- Lead, in partnership with executive staff, development efforts in St Louis and the region. Support grant efforts as directed for St Louis programs.
- Develop and maintain robust partnerships and collaborations that align with local, city and national arts initiatives. Collaborate with local arts agencies, educational institutions and civic organizations to implement mutually beneficial programming to strengthen Rebuild Foundation’s partnership with the community and strategically advance its mission.
- Lead community relation efforts in Rebuild target neighborhoods and city-wide.
- Manage Rebuild Foundation’s St. Louis advisory board, working with the chair on objectives, progress and implementation of inter-organizational communication.
- Compose program activity and site reports for distribution to staff, board members and community advisors.
- Support efforts to procure funding including providing assistance with grant applications.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Oversee program site operations and maintenance, in partnership with Rebuild building operations and executive staff.
- Provide on-site oversight of contractors, work crews, maintenance staff, etc.
- Assist building operations staff with maintaining site-specific budgets and schedules.
- Prioritize and communicate needs for site usage. Manage site schedules.
- Manage risks on site to ensure safe environment for arts center programming and events. Trouble-shoot on site problems as they arise.
- Serve as liaison with Beyond Housing, owner of Rebuild Foundation’s Pagedale program site.
- Lead development of a portfolio of visual, literary and performing arts programming for adults, youth, and families in collaboration with community residents, artists, contract facilitators, Rebuild program staff, and collaborative partners.
- Develop overall St Louis program plan, goals and objectives. Create correlating staff plan to successfully implement.
- Develop and maintain program budgets for St. Louis efforts.
- Promote events and programs effectively through appropriate channels including social media and organizational web site.
- Organize and facilitate conversations and meetings with community members and community stakeholders regarding programming.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate contract artists, teaching personnel, and program staff.
- Develop and sustain a core of volunteers and interns.
- Lead tours of Rebuild Foundation program sites to further organizational goals for promotion, revenue and resource development and collaboration.
- Conduct program assessment and evaluate outcomes.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Jeffreen Hayes, Director, Rebuild Foundation; Jeffreen@rebuild-foundation.org
No phone calls, please.
|Primary Category:||Urban History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||African American History / Studies
American History / Studies
Architecture and Architectural History
Black History / Studies
Cultural History / Studies