Continuing Education Coordinator
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job ID: 8589
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough CC
Department: Continuing Education
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: July 23 2013
Closing Date: August 22 2013
Job Type: Full Time
Conducts and coordinates operations within a Continuing Education or related external program.
- Schedules classes and coordinates room scheduling; prepares faculty schedules
- Orders books and materials; maintains materials libraries.
- Assists in preparing and editing course descriptions and catalogue.
- Advises students on schedules, registration, and payment processes.
- Develops information packets and other materials; updates program web sites; coordinates mailings
- Coordinates student-related activities, such as orientations, open houses, and information fairs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Coordinator
Campus Specific Information:
- Services customers by answering program related questions on the phone, in person, or online about curriculum content, schedules, registration, tuition, and refunds. Assists the customer with registration for classes. Sends confirmation letters. Refers difficult situations by engaging Continuing Education managers when necessary. Alerts students about course cancellations.
- Coordinates the Chinese Academy, which provides programming for over 300 k-12 students in Mandarin language and Chinese culture topics and activities. Facilitates class scheduling and room/facilities requests; assists in designing schedules, registration, and payment processes. Orders books and materials and assists in preparing and editing course descriptions, catalog entries, and descriptions for newspaper advertisements. Responsible for coordinating and conducting special events and student related activities such as open houses, orientations, and end- of-term events. Assists parents with the registration and student placement process.
- Performs other related duties that support the department including semester-based entry of class and room data into the campus room utilization system and student data into the Continuing Education learning management system as well as make student phone calls to impart information regarding schedule changes and course cancellations.
This position reports to the Continuing Education Director. The coordinator will be expected to be present on most Friday evenings and Saturdays. These work hours will be scheduled as part of the full-time workload.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin) to support both conversation and translation and experience translating text highly preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience in program coordination preferred
- Team oriented, collegial, and open to learning new systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office applications (specifically Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Accuracy and attention to detail needed
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.