Development Manager - Institutional Advancement
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Job Title: Development Manager - Institutional Advancement
Job ID: 8587
Closing Date: August 10, 2013
Location: Queensborough CC
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Plans and manages College fundraising strategy and operations.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive resource development program; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Fulfills specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio
- Assists Director with developing funding strategies and assessing outcomes
- Oversees annual and/or major gift activities to support strategic plan
- Maintains relationships with donors and sponsoring organizations to cultivate and maintain funding
- Prepares financial reports for management; may write grant proposals
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Manager
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
As part of Institutional Advancement, the Development Manager will implement and evaluate the annual fund campaign to raise dollars to support the College and its programs. The Development Manager will also maintain a portfolio of prospects and donors for cultivation and stewardship. Fundraising priorities at Queensborough Community College include the following: student scholarships and support; the college's three cultural centers (Kupferberg Holocaust Center, QCC Art Gallery and Performing Arts Center); and faculty development and pedagogy, with particular emphasis upon high impact learning practices to increase retention and graduation rates among Queensborough's diverse student body.
Major responsibilities include:
- Raise money for the college and its programs.
- Expand the Annual Fund Campaign.
- Maintain a portfolio of donors and prospects for cultivation and stewardship.
- Customize solicitation appeals to donor prospects.
- Schedule cultivation visits to engage prospective donors.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Non-standard work hours may apply. Must provide own transportation to meet with donor prospects.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Six (6) years experience working in development, fundraising, alumni relations or related field required
- Documented history of raising funds through annual fund campaigns and/or individual major gifts required
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Must demonstrate skill set to identify, cultivate, and engage donor prospects
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and demonstrate follow through on cultivation leads and gifts
- Documented fundraising record with individual giving in Queens, Western Long Island, and/or New York City preferred.
Commensurate with experience
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit http://www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY:
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Please Apply Online